SafePass Locations and Availability
What is Safe Pass Training?
The Solas Safe Pass Health and Safety Awareness Training Programme is delivered to ensure that, over the course of time, all workers in construction will have a basic knowledge of health and safety, and be able to work on-site without being a risk to themselves or others who might be affected by their acts or omissions.
Who Should Attend?
Schedule 4 of the Safety Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 provides for the recognition of equivalent safety awareness schemes approved by Solas. With this in mind the Construction Skills Register (CSR Northern Ireland) one-day health and safety course is the only course recognised as equivalent to the Solas Safe Pass course
The Safe Pass Card is valid for a period of 4 years
What is Covered?
- Health & Safety at work legislation
- Health & Safety duties and responsibilities at work
- Accident Prevention and accident reporting
- Promoting a Safety Culture
- Working at heights
- Excavations, confined spaces, underground and overhead services
- Working with Electricity
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Use of hand held equipment, tools & machinery
- Safe use of Vehicles
- Noise & Vibrations
- Manual Handling
- Health & Hygiene
What Do I Need To Bring With Me?
Candidates for the Solas Safe Pass must bring with them;
- 2 passport size photographs
- Valid PPS Number
- Proof of Address
- Proof of PPS Number
- Proof of Date of Birth
Candidates applying from outside the Republic of Ireland must apply for a PPS number or Process number depending on the employment circumstances before sitting the course.