What is Location of Underground Services Training?
This two-day Location of Underground Services Training Course (LUGS) is designed to train course participants to be competent to plan, organise, manage and undertake work where there is a risk of contact with underground energy sources or services using cable avoidance tools and signal generators (CAT & GENNY)
Who Should Attend?
All those involved in detection and avoidance of Underground Services, infrastructure technicians, service engineers and service maintenance crews.
Contractors involved in the installation of underground services will benefit from this training, by avoiding service underground and the risks and fines associated with damaging underground services
Successful applicants will receive the CSCS skilled operator card
14th & 15th May
What is Covered?
- Legal & Occupational Responsibilities
- Liaison with others
- Risk Assessment
- Planning the work
- Safe Systems of Work
- Video Presentation
- Introduction to location & detection equipment – functional checks
- Practical on-site location of underground services (by each delegate)
- Practical techniques for Location various services – pipes, cables, street lighting, concrete reinforcing bars and Location tee connectio
- Further practical exercise – incorporating all associated equipment
- Maintenance & storage of equipment
- Safe digging techniques
- Ten Golden rules of Location
What Do I Need To Bring With Me?
- Candidates for the Location of Underground Services Course must bring with them;
- 2 passport size photographs
- Valid PPS Number
- Valid Safe Pass
- Proof of Address
- Proof of PPS Number
- Proof of Date of Birth
Candidates applying from outside the Republic of Ireland must apply for a PPS number or Process number depending on the employment circumstances before sitting the course.