This fully certified course provides an initial overview of requirements for GDPR compliance. It is aimed at managers and employees with a need to develop a basic understanding of the GDPR regulation.
Part 1- GDPR Overview
- Importance of Data Protection Legisalation
- Why is Data Protection Important?
- History of Data Protection Legislation
- Privacy and Data Protection- A Brief History
- the GDPR and its Scope
- Data Protection Principles
- Data Protection-How does it work?
- Activities Covered by GDPR
Part 2- Data Subjects Rights
- The Individual- A ‘Data Subject’
- What is ‘Personal Data’?
- Sensitive Personal Data
- Specific Rights of Data Subjects
- Six Specific Rights
- Right to Access
- Right to Rectification
- Right to Object
- Right to Restriction of Processing
- Right to Erasure
- Right to Portability
- Rights Relating to Automated Data Processing
- the right not to be subjected to decision-making that is based solely on automated data processing
- Data Subject’s Rights Concerning Complaints and Judicial Remedies
- Right to make Complaints to Data Protection Agencies
- Right to go to Court
- Data Subject’s Right to be Represented
Part 3- How Does GDPR Affect Organisations
- Data Protection- A Risk Based Approach
- Creating a Risk Profile
- Data Protection by Design-data Protection by Default
- Data Controllers
- Data Processors
- Obligations under GDPR
- GDPR Compliance-Steps
- Internationally Trading Business outside the EU
- Data VBreaches
- Reporting Data Breaches
Part 4-GDPR Enforcement
- Enforcement Agencies
- National Agencies
- European Agency
- GDPR Liabilities and Sanctions
- Administrative Fines
- Practical implications
- Case Studies
This course contains online self-assessments after each module and an online certification exam at the very end. The self-assessments do not count towards the final examination marks but simply give you an idea of how you are doing. On successfully passing the final certification exam you will be issued with a certificate.
The course can be taken at any time and any place so all that is required is an internet connection and a computer. Completing the course will use approximately 15MB of data which is roughly the same as watching a 5-minute YouTube video. You can complete the course on any pc, laptop or tablet device.
You do not have to complete the online course in one sitting, and you can also break it into small chunks if you wish. Should you have to leave the course unexpectedly, it will remember where you were the last time you left it. How long it takes you to complete the online course in GDPR Awareness really depends on you but 1 hour is a good guideline.