This certified course is given in accordance with the guidelines of the Safety Health and Welfare Act, Manual Handling of loads regulations (General Applications) 2007 which covers the anatomy, the spinal column, related spinal injuries, risk assessments, correct manual handling techniques and the importance of good posture and fitness levels.
- Safe Manual Handling
- Possible Injuries
- Main Elements of the Back
- Mechanics of the Back
- Individual Risk Factors Affecting the Chance of Back Injury
- The Role of Safety Statements as a Source of Information
- Typical Manual Handling Activities
- The Concept of Risk Assessment
- Identifying Safety Hazards
- Effective Strategies of Dealing with Unfamiliar Loads
- Use of Available Aids and Safe Workflows
- Safe Handling Techniques
- Cooperation with Colleagues
- Maintaining a Safe Workplace
All Manual Handling Courses in Ireland do legally require a visual assessment so after completing the online course you will need to be visually assessed by one of our Level 6 certified assessors. On successfully completing the online course and passing the visual assessment you will be issued with a certificate.
€50- Online and you come to our training centre for a brief assessment
€80- Online and we come to you for a brief assessment
The Course can be taken at any time and any place so all that is required is an internet connection and a computer. Completing the course will use approximately 15MB of data which is roughly the same as watching a 5-minute YouTube video. You can complete the course on any pc, laptop or tablet device.
You do not have to complete the online course in one sitting and you can also break it into small chunks if you wish. Should you have to leave the course unexpectedly, it will remember where you were the last time you left it. How long it takes you to complete the online course in Manual Handling really depends on you, but 2 hour is a good guideline.The Visual Assessment is a further 15 minutes.