This course is designed to raise awareness of fire hazards and train participants on how to act safely in the event of an emergency fire.
- Fire and Smoke
- Facts about Fires
- Fire Safety in the Office
- What is Fire?
- Starting Fires-flash point and ignition
- Extinguishing Fires
- How Fire Spreads
- Smoke Spread- Effects of Smoke
- Flash over and Back Draft
- Fire Safety Legislation and Risk Assessment
- The Fire Services Act 1981-2003
- Hazard, Risk, Control
- Preventing Fires-Flammable Materials
- Safe Storage and Transport of Flammable Materials
- Fire Detection Systems
- Evacuating a Burning Building
- Detecting a Fire, Raising an Alarm
This course contains online self-assessments after each module and an online certification exam at the very end. The self-assessment do not count towards the final examination marks but simply give you an idea of how you are doing. On successfully passing the final certification exam you will be issued with a certificate.
The course can be taken at any time and any place so all that is required is an internet connection and a computer. Completing the course will use approximately 15MB of data which is roughly the same as watching a 5-minute YouTube Video.
You do not have to complete the online course in one sitting and you can also break it into small chunks if you wish. Should you have to leave the course unexpectedly, it will remember where you were the last time you left it. How long it takes you to complete the online course in Fire Safety Awareness really depends on you, but 2 hours is a good guideline.