What is Asbestos Safety Awareness Training?
In excess of half a million commercial, industrial and public buildings in the UK and Ireland are likely to contain asbestos materials. Unless this material is properly managed then workers especially maintenance workers and contractors may breathe in the deadly fibres whilst carrying out their routine jobs. Asbestos poses a serious threat to health today and the effect of Asbestos damage to the operative will be with them forever
Who Should Attend?
Staff who expect to encounter asbestos in the work
Successful applicants will receive Donaghy Safety Training Ltd “Skills Card” A photographic evidence of attending and successfully completing an Asbestos Awareness course
What is Covered?
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the synergistic effect of smoking,
- The types of materials or products that may contain asbestos and where they are likely to occur.
- The potential risks to health from exposure to dust arising from asbestos or asbestos containing materials,
- The operations which could result in asbestos exposure,
How the condition of the material or products affects the ease of release of fibres,
- What to do if materials suspected of containing asbestos are encountered
- The relevant legislation and regulations
- Effective use of a face mask respirator
What Do I Need To Bring With Me?
- 1 Passport Photo
- Half Face Mask Breathing apparatus