What is Abrasive Wheels Training
Abrasive wheel training is designed to give abrasive wheel operators a well-rounded health and safety approach to working with abrasive wheel machines and abrasive products in general. Abrasive Wheel training teaches the users of abrasive wheels the skills required to work safely, it also covers the employer’s responsibility to ensure that abrasive wheel operators are deemed competent.
Who Should Attend?
All staff who have a vested interest in learning how to protect their body from damage related to abrasive wheel injuries. Any employer who uses abrasive wheel machines in their work practices must ensure that employees are deemed competent.
Successful applicants will receive Donaghy Safety Training Ltd “Skills Card” A photographic evidence of attending and successfully completing an Abrasive Wheels course
What is Covered?
- proper methods relating to the mounting of abrasive wheels
- hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels and precautions which should be observed
- methods of marking abrasive wheels as to type and speed
- methods of storing, handling and transporting abrasive wheels
- methods of inspecting and testing abrasive wheels to check for damage
- the functions of all components used with abrasive wheels, including flanges, washers, bushes and nuts used in mounting, and knowledge of the correct and incorrect methods of assembling all components and of correct balancing of abrasive wheels
- the proper method of dressing an abrasive wheel
- the adjustment of the rest of an abrasive wheel
- the requirements of these Regulations
- the use of advisory literature relating to the mounting of abrasive wheels
What Do I Need To Bring With Me?
- 1 Passport Photo
- Comfortable Clothing
- Mandatory PPE, Goggles, Ear Defenders, Safety Shoes